Hi. I’m Barbara. Yes, the same Barbara that you’ve seen on a ton of boats for the past 5 years. I started out in Guest Services, and have worked in Marketing and as a Warrior. I’m currently the company’s full time Copywriter. I’ve been at Sixthman longer than any other job I’ve ever held, so they must be doing something right!
You may remember my post about my beginnings in improv classes (http://www.sixthman.net/blog/2008/06/17/quick-i-need-an-occupation-and-a-color/). Four years later, I’m a company member at Dad’s Garage, where I perform improvised and scripted shows every weekend. In fact, at the time of writing this blog, I’ll be opening a musical tonight! I haven’t sung or danced in front of an audience since college, so wish me luck….
Let’s talk some more about me:
- I believe comedy is the last remaining place to find truth. This is why I get all my news from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Cracked.com.
- I hate birds. I recently saw a particularly adorable bird, and re-evaluated my position. As soon as the thought crossed my mind, a bird pooped right on my shoulder. I still hate birds.
- I was my full-grown adult height of 5’9” in 7th grade. That’s when I learned about being intimidating to the opposite sex.
- I live in the Little 5 Points area with my boyfriend and two “delightful” cats.
- I’m obsessed with said cats. I’m probably thinking about them right now.
- I use my office locker as a place to put things I never want to see again.
- Unlike Jill Mac, I love doughnuts. Especially Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed.
- When stressed, I cook.
- No matter what I’m doing, I would always rather be dancing. Although I’m trained in classical jazz, tap, and modern dance, I’m also a free dance enthusiast. When I win the lottery, I’m quitting my job, and every day, I’ll turn on music and dance until I can’t any more.
- I have a nasal polyp.
If there’s one thing I love as much as dancing, it’s talking about myself. If you have any more questions for me, leave a comment!